Spread the word… an exciting opportunity exists for people that are keen to support the development of the WA community garden sector to takeover the administration of the Community Gardens WA website, the WA Community Gardens Network Facebook Group and $5000 funding!
Some online resources and funding have been held in trust for the WA community garden sector since the conclusion of the Growing Communities WA project that I managed back in 2008-2010. The intention of these resources is to provide networking platforms (online/offline) for people involved in, or who are supporters of, community gardens in WA that facilitate:
- Relationship-building between people with a shared interest in community gardening in WA
- Information-sharing related to community gardening in WA
- Discussion about community gardening issues and challenges in WA
- Coordination of broader activities to support the development of the WA community garden sector
- Anything else that the people involved in these networks decide is worthwhile and will meet their needs
Expressions of Interest are currently being sort from individuals, groups or organisations that are keen to support community garden sector networking in WA through taking over the administration of these resources.
Full details can be found here.